Monday, January 8, 2007

Once again, the world is whole.
I think I liked it broken.

I have been looking for my size 6 double-pointed needles for, oh, about three months. At first, I simply wanted to know where they were...trying to slowly gather bits of organization as I could. Then it got desperate. I recently learned that my pregnant co-worker's due date was more than a month earlier than I had been told. Yes, I already had a sweater completed (two ends left to weave in counts as complete when it's been like that for months, right?) and was in the clear as far having a gift was concerned, but then I got some yarn that I thought was right for the coordinating pants. So, needless to say, I had to have those needles. Yesterday. I searched high and low. I looked through my recently created craft drawer in my dresser, through my bookshelves, through my kitchen utensils (I could only search my desk so many times, after all). Finally, sitting on the floor after losing all hope of ever finding them--I had thrown out lots of crap they could have been lost in--there they were, shining like a beacon in all their plastic encased glory, on the floor between my desk and my Christmas decorations. If I ever catch the little pixie that knocked them off my desk, I will definitely have to give him a stern talking to. Oh, and the yarn is thicker than I thought and 100% cotton, so I don't think I can go down a needle size comfortably enough to knit the pants. I'm thinking about putting the needles back where I found them.

No comments: